Why Should You Get Treatment at TRI?
TRI has a number of unique features.
The Medical Director and Owner
Dr. Ross is or has been:
- A Past President of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD).
- A recipient of multiple awards from the ISSTD.
- The only person who has presented at the ISSTD Annual Conference every year since it started in 1984.
- A 1985 Laughlin Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists.
- The author of a series of books on trauma and dissociation.
- The author of a series of treatment outcome studies published in peer-reviewed journals.
- The developer of the Dissociative Disorders Interview Schedule, a structured interview included in the American Psychiatric Association's Handbook of Clinical Measures.
- The author of 250 papers in peer-reviewed journals published in six different decades (1979-2020).
- A key-note, invited speaker at conferences in North America, Europe, Australia, China, Malaysia and New Zealand including three times for the EMDRIA Conference.
- A reviewer for over 30 psychiatric journals.
- The recipient of a series of research grants.
- Interviewed for many different television documentaries.
- The Executive Producer of a documentary film and short films about trauma and dissociation screened at film festivals.
- The Director of an inpatient Trauma Program in the Dallas-Fort Worth area since 1991.
The Treatment Model at TRI is Trauma Model Therapy
Trauma Model Therapy is:
- Based on published prospective treatment outcome studies.
- Described in a series of published books.
- Created by the Medical Director.
- Operationalized as a set of detailed lesson plans.
- Described in videos and role plays made available at TRI.
Important Features Not Unique to TRI
- At its opening will be licensed by the State of Texas and approved by The Joint Commission.
- Has a focus on psychological trauma and its consequences.
- Provides both group and individual psychotherapy.
- Staff is experienced and trained in Trauma Model Therapy.
- Provides study groups for trauma therapists.
- Accepts a number of different insurances including Medicare.
- Has a full-time nurse on staff.
- The Clinical Director is an EMDR Consultant in Training.